FIREARMS I.D CARD & HANDGUN PERMITS:
- MUST BE A POINT PLEASANT BEACH RESIDENT
- Firearms application forms for Point Pleasant Beach Residents MUST be obtained and completed by the below link through New Jersey State Police. Complete instructions are on the NJSP website:
- Point Pleasant Beach ORI#: NJ0152500
- You will be receiving automated email updates throughout the process.
- Firearm I.D cards are now electronic. Once your application is approved, you will receive an confirmation email with a link to access your card. You will have the ability to print, save and/or screenshot your I.D card.
- Handgun permits are also now electronic, you will receive a confirmation email with their expiration date.
PERMIT TO CARRY:
Permit to Carry Instructions
NJSP Form 642
NJSP Form 066
For answers to frequently asked questions regarding firearms in the State of New Jersey, log onto:
New Jersey State Police- FAQ’s- FIREARMS
**Falsification of information on any of the applications for firearms permits is a violation of N.J.S 2C:39-10C and is a crime of the third degree. Any falsification may result in criminal charges against you.**